- FIRST STOP: Delightful Eggares Village, where you’ll visit a renovated family-owned olive press. Watch how this “liquid gold” was once painstakingly prepared, as well as sample delectable olive oil products including baked goods.
- SECOND STOP: Follow a narrow paved trail by foot to discover the Kouros of Melanes at Flerio Village. Charmingly located in a local Naxian family’s garden, this ancient unfinished statue dates to around 550 BC. Next view the famous marble quarries and visit an authentic marble factory.
- THIRD STOP: Visit ancient Panagia Drosiani, an early Christian, trio-apsidal, domed church with its beautiful centuries’ old frescoes.
- FOURTH STOP: Enchanting Chalki Village, where after a pleasant stroll, you’ll visit the hundred-year-old family distillery which continues to produce Naxos’ well-known KITRON liqueur to this day.
- FIFTH STOP: History comes alive at the ancient Temple of Dimitra (Demeter) in Sagri Village, dating to 530 BC and dedicated to the goddess of fertility and agriculture. Built on the edge of a fertile Naxian valley, as the first Greek temple ever constructed entirely of marble (its roof as well), it’s of even greater historical importance (TUESDAY CLOSED).
End your entertaining and informative day as you wind along Naxos’ southwest coast past exquisite sandy beaches, on the way back to your hotel.