Culture, cuisine, history: The perfect alternative to the simple sightseeing tour!
Our innovative gastronomy tours incorporate Naxian history, culture, and cuisine, and therefore are so much more than just cooking classes.
We want you to experience the joy and richness of all Naxos has to offer. And you will see just why Mediterranean cuisine has always been, and continues to remain, the best and healthiest in the world.
BREAD BAKING IN AN OLD WATERMILL - DAY ONE HIGHLIGHTS
• Milling of wheat destined for use in traditional bread making
• Collection of vegetables to be used in our cooking class and lunch
• Guided tour to the ancient Kouros statue, and the old, restored olive oil press
PREPARING TRADITIONAL MEAL AT KORONOS VILLAGE - DAY TWO HIGHLIGHTS
• Guided tour of the old Vallendras Kitron Distillery in Chalki Village
• Folklore Museum visits at Kaloxylos and Apeiranthos Villages
• Local main dish pie and classic Greek sweets making with the Women’s Cultural Association of Koronos Village
MAKING GOAT CHEESE - DAY THREE HIGHLIGHTS
• Tour of Naxos Town’s local shops carrying traditional Naxian products
• Visit a traditional ceramics pottery workshop
• Observe and join in the process of making cheese from goat’s milk
" YOU MAKE THE DECISION, WE DO THE REST! "
Taught by local chefs, Naxian cuisine cookbook authors, taverna owners, farmers’ wives or simply Naxian housewives, the classes are exceedingly unique, and simply unforgettable experiences of a lifetime.
TRADITIONAL GREEK EVENING AT A GREEK TAVERNA
Taste characteristic dishes of Naxos, experiencing the island’s true flavor! Get to know Naxian music’s origins while enjoying live Greek traditional music, accompanied by beautifully-costumed dancers, as you dine.
• Classic Greek cuisine dinner at traditional taverna, which holds a Greek Cuisine Certificated from the Greek National Tourism Association. The taverna prides itself on using only olive oil, local vegetables, meat and cheeses, accompanied by the local Naxian wine
Enjoy live traditional music and folkloric dancing provided by the ROES Cultural Association